Living the dream



At church, some weeks are more fun than others.  I laughed so hard this week, my stomach muscles were sore. It was a fun week: our preschool hosted pajama day, some of our staff dressed in Winnie the Pooh costumes, new families toured the building, we had a successful middle school parent night, and a spur of the moment decision to put up some decorations led to more decorations, and more decorations... and more... one thing leading to another.  We just kept going. 

When reflecting about the Being the Hope Community with a colleague, it hit me, "This is my dream job!  Oh my gosh, this is my dream jobThis is what it feels like!" 

This community is amazing.  When I came in, they affirmed my skills and gifts and celebrated some of my ways that are a tad unconventional.  And as we keep doing this thing called church, I feel like they keep telling me in subtle and not-so-subtle ways, "Keep going.  Let's keep going."  This church literally seeks change, asks for it, and cheers it on. 

It hit me tonight: it was nearly one year ago that I thought the opportunity for a MN appointment was slipping away.  One Sunday, I visited what's now my church, just because I happened to be running errands in the area one Sunday and had no place to worship.  And I sat in that parking lot after worship and wondered, "Could I ever be appointed here? I think this place would fit."  Oh... that sneaky Spirit.  Yep, it fits.  Feeling really grateful about that fit this week.

Just wanted to share.  And if you want to follow the fun adventures, click and like.  https://www.facebook.com/BeingTheHope/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in spring!

Was Jesus Polarizing?

PRIDE week communion