Thankful

Today I'm thankful for...

1. These three people.  The little one reminds me I know how to play and reminds us all that life is about being present with each other.  The middle one is the most thoughtful person I know, and has incredible sense of herself, which I hope she holds onto forever.  And the oldest one has taught me that raising a child is a process, not destination, and has provided me with intense joy and pride in his new found maturity. 

2. This guy.  He is a source of energy for me.  He makes me a better person, and helps me express who I am.


3. Teaching an online class this term, which has been an incredible challenge for me.  But I have learned a ton about my teaching style and pedagogy through this experiment.  I still don't buy into the model and think it is an incredibly inefficient method of teaching and learning, but I am learning from my younger colleagues who "get it."  Plus, I am teaching Play Therapy, which I haven't taught for 7 years, and it brings me much joy!


4. My Internship at Solomon's Porch, which is full of really awesome people.  I am brimming with gratitude for those who have let me hear their stories and let me into their lives a bit, and I am grateful for their listening as I process and for their support. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in spring!

Was Jesus Polarizing?

PRIDE week communion