Butterfly, Elephant, and Dog


Emilee was a butterfly for her second grade program.  How fitting!  Her life seems to be about flitting from one activity to the next--not spending too much time on any one thing.   She wants to stay busy, and hates being bored. 

She is all about beauty.  She is incredibly artistic and has an eye for aesthetics.  Paul recently won an elephant at a Valley Fair field trip he chaperoned.  He brought it home for Em.  She played with it for awhile, and then brought it to me and asked, "Do you think I could ask Daddy if we could sew it into a dog?"  I looked at it and wondered to myself, "How the heck am I going to make that into a dog?"  But I was impressed by her thoughtfulness--how she wanted to get Dad's permission since he won it for her--so I said, "sure."  She and Dad chatted: a dog would be just fine.  She brought it back to me, and started to give me instructions.  I seriously would not have known how to do it, but she knew exactly how to reshape it--she just needed me to do the stitching. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in spring!

Was Jesus Polarizing?

PRIDE week communion