Fine Arts Festival

The music and art teachers in Somerset are awesome!  We might not have the best fine art facilities, but the passion these folks have for teaching their discipline is truly inspiring.  All three of our kids had a piece of art selected for display this year.  Samuel also played in the 6th grade band and general music bell choir, and sang in the 6th grade choir.  Felt really grateful for Somerset Schools last night.

On a related note, I was so happy to watch some of the kids I had involvement with during their middle school years perform in high school groups.  I was amazed to see the confidence in these kids who once struggled so much.  They don't all remember me or my role in their education, but just watching them made me really miss my old job.

The video is of the 6th grade boys (in front) doing an ensemble.  Samuel is on the left end.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in spring!

Was Jesus Polarizing?

PRIDE week communion